POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Editor Problems : Re: SDL Editor Problems Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Editor Problems
From: FrogRay
Date: 29 Mar 2007 02:25:01
Message: <web.460b68b9651c046f4e134cd40@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:
> Kirk Andrews wrote:
> > On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
> > scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.
>
> Hit Alt+Enter and set the language to POV-Ray. I usually have to do that
> whenever I start a new file from scratch, but it occurs sometimes when I
> open a file as well.

OK, I got that to work for myself but it ONLY works if I use the LEFT-ALT
key!

I did not know that the editor's syntax highlighting could be set for
different languages.  I wonder why they included this feature?  I guess
it's handy if you use a lot of command-line compilers/tools and POV's
editor is your favorite.

I too have noticed that when I create a new file there is often no
highlighting and I usually have to close and reopen it.  Thanks for the
tip.